THE PERFECT CATERER FOR A PERFECT EVENT
As one of Chicago’s top boutique caterers, Bespoke Cuisine creates customized experiences for wedding of all sizes and tastes — from small and intimate to large and lavish. We also handle large special events with the same made-to-order approach. We offer truly delicious food, stellar staff, and personalized attention during the entire planning process to ensure your reception is nothing short of extraordinary.
As the caterer for your reception, we will take responsibility for providing three main things: amazing food, impeccable service, and detailed coordination of rentals and other details. Coordination of these three aspects is critical for the “food portion” of the event to come off successfully.
Past clients and their guests consistently comment that ours is the best wedding food they've ever eaten. This is because, unlike many larger caterers, we take a chef-focused and customized approach not only to designing the menu, but also to the food preparation. View sample menus via the link at left.
The menu is generally dictated by the type of event and the budget. If you are considering dinner, will it be plated or buffet service? Buffets or buffet stations are a very popular choice. If you are planning a plated meal, consider how many courses and whether you want to give guests multiple entree options. For dessert, do you want to provide a wedding cake only or also a sweets table? Are there any special dietary restrictions or special requests?
Clients love our staff for their professional attention to detail and their friendly, approachable demeanor. You will definitely get compliments on our chefs, servers and bartenders. Standard attire is black slacks, white shirt, black tie, and black bistro apron — hip and clean, without being fussy. Our service includes set up/placement of tables/chairs, table settings, food preparation, serving, plate/glass clearing, and cleaning.
We can assist you with all your beverage needs. Whether it’s a simple beer and wine bar, a full bar, or something in between, we will help you identify what you need (including specialty cocktail suggestions) and provide all the necessary equipment, bartenders and insurance. We are a BYOB caterer which means we cannot purchase and re-sell alcoholic beverage to you. We can provide non-alcoholic drinks, but most clients prefer to supply all of the beverages themselves to save money.
Rental needs vary greatly by venue. All rentals are coordinated through Bespoke Cuisine and may include linen, china, flatware, glassware, equipment, chairs/tables, etc. Color and style selections are made by client.
Per-person pricing depends on the menu, the type of menu, and the rentals needed. We will discuss options with you before creating a proposal, including identifying areas where you want to save or splurge. It's really important for couples to set a budget. The main way we can provide you with the best possible menu is to know your budget, your vision for the food, and any “must haves.”
We are also glad to make referrals to venues, wedding coordinators, florists, liquor distributors, bakeries, and more. View the link at left for more information.
Tastings & References
We are happy do a tasting for events over 100 guests. For all events, we will gladly provide a list of client references. There is a $30 fee for a tasting for two ($10 for each additional person) which is applied to your final bill. Tasting appointments are scheduled with at least one week's notice and are held at Bespoke Cuisine. If Bespoke is the company you choose to work with, a nonrefundable deposit is required to secure our services for your date.
Deposits & Contracts
We only take one wedding event per day, so we can focus all of our attention on your special day. For receptions one year or more away, a $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required to secure our services for your date. For events within one year, we require one-third of the estimated total at booking, another third 60 days prior and the balance two days prior. Additional deposit, payment and cancellation policies are outlined in the Catering Agreement and Event Confirmation.
In addition to the reception, we provide catering for showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches - either at your location or at Bespoke Cuisine. Our inviting loft-like space is the ideal spot for sit-down dinners (including small receptions) up to 35 guests, cocktail parties for up to 75 guests. And our signature cooking parties offer a unique interactive option for any of the above occasions.
Contact for a customized proposal. Please email the following details to us to get the ball rolling:
- What is the planned number of guests?
- What is the exact location?
- What is the general timeline for the event - guest arrival time, ceremony time (if applicable), food service start time, end time, etc.
- Will the ceremony take place at the same venue? If so, are there special setup (ex: chairs) or other needs for the ceremony?
- Do you want to have dinner seating for all guests? Or more of a cocktail party setup?
- For glassware and equipment purposes, what drinks do you plan to serve (what from this list: standard cocktails, martinis, beer, wine, champagne)?
- What type and quantity of food are you interested in? For instance, are you envisioning a cocktail reception with passed only or possibly a combination of passed and light buffet appetizers? Or is it a full meal - either seated/plated or buffet? Is there a cocktail hour preceding the meal service?
- What are plans for dessert? Will you be having a cake- provided by you or us?
- Do you need coffee and/or tea?
- Are there any particular food dislikes, allergies or special needs?
- Are there any specific food requests?
- What is an estimate of your budget, either for the catering portion (food, staffing, rentals) or for the food only? Determining a realistic budget is really crucial in helping us, or any caterer, provide you with the best possible menu within your budget parameters.